The Capacity Building funding is allocated across eight support sub-categories, each matched with the goals you’ve come up within your plan. You can choose how to spend these funds to purchase any approved individual support within its category, but won’t be able to move funding from one category to another.
The Capacity Building support categories include:
- Choice and Control e.g. training in planning and plan management
- Daily Activity e.g. therapy aimed at building your capacity to participate
- Employment e.g. employment-related assessment and counselling
- Health and Wellbeing e.g. exercise advice required due to impact of disability
- Home Living e.g. support to obtain/retain appropriate accommodation
- Lifelong Learning e.g. assistance moving from school to further education
- Relationships e.g. positive behavioral support strategies to reduce behaviors of concern
- Social and Community Participation e.g. Individual life skills development and training including public transport training and support, developing skills for community, social and recreational participation.
Support Coordination (if required) is included in the Capacity Building budget. This is a fixed amount for strengthening participant’s abilities to coordinate and implement supports in their plans and to participate more fully in the community.